One of my favourite things to do is write lists, I don't know why but I just love making lists about anything, from a daily 'to do list' to a holiday packing list. I was lacking some blogging inspiration and decided this would be a great writing prompt for summer so every Tuesday I am going to try and upload a Top 10 list of various topics.
My first list is going to be my Top 10 TV Shows. As I am on Summer Holidays now, I decided to get Netflix for the next few months until I am back in school where I have discovered some great TV shows many of which have made it on to my list.
1) Pretty Little Liars; Last year I kept seeing people talking about Pretty Little Liars, I am not really one to watch jumpy, mystery shows however I really loved the cast and decided to give it a try. I am now obsessed with PLL and religiously watch it every week. If you haven't watched PLL yet, it is a teen drama set in an American high school based on the book series of the same name by Sara Shepard. The story revolves around 4 friends trying to solve the mystery of their best friend, Alison's, disappearance whilst recieving anonymous messages from A revealing their biggest secrets that only Alison would know.
2) The Fosters; I have only recently discovered The Fosters on Netflix and finished the first series in a few days, Series 2 has just started and I can't wait to watch more as the first series revolves around the basic story, series 2 is already bringing more drama into the scene. The Fosters is a show following the lives of a lesbian couple bringing up a teenage family formed of biological, adopted and foster children. The Fosters is yet another show I am religiously watching every week.
4) Once Upon a Time; My Dad actually introduced me to this show which brings fairy tale characters into the real world. The basic storyline revolves around a curse on the fairy tale characters which has led to them loosing their real memories and their attempts to get back to their fairytale land. Although it can prove to be confusing with the many flashbacks, the script is very cleverly written linking many storylines together. I am really excited for OUAT to return as it has been hinted that Anna and Elsa from Frozen will be joining the line up!
5) Glee; This is definitely a marmite show, you either love it or hate it! I happen to love it. Originally based on a high school glee club and their attempts to become 'cool and popular', the series is now following the journeys of the original students after high school and welcoming new students into the club. Coming up to its last series I am going to miss this show and all the amazing musical numbers that come with it.
6) Dance Moms; My guilty pleasure for sure, this documentary series gives an insight into the competitive dancing world following the lives of the Elite competition team at the Abby Lee Dance Company in Pittsburg. Apart from the amazing dancing, every episode is packed full of bitchy, competitive and jealous dance mom comments and the occasional cat fight.
7) Friends; Definitley a timeless classic, I have been watching Friends for as long as I can remember and even though I have watched every episode at least 5 times I still laugh every time. The 10 series show revolves around the lives of 6 friends living in New York and is probably the most quotable show on the planet with guaranteed laughs for everyone.
8) Nashville; I have only recently started watching this after seeing it in the Box Set section of Sky and I have just finished series one, based in Nashville the show is packed full of country hits, I will definitley start watching series 2 soon!
9) Modern Family; This is another family favourite which I watch with my Mum. The comedy series follows the lives of one family, following three basic story's, the first is of the uptight Father and his new younger Latino wife and her teenage son. The second the daughter, her husband and their three teenage children, one academic daughter, one partying daughter and the adventurous son. And the third the gay son, his camp husband and their adopted daughter. It is an absolutley brilliant show with so many great one liners guaranteed to make you giggle.
10) Cake Boss; My mum runs her own cake business and so cake boss is on in our house quite a lot, it's the show that I always resort to putting on when there is nothing else to watch even if I have already seen the episode a million times before. Based in Carlos Bakery, New Jersey this documentary series gives an insight into the cake business and shows off the amazing talent of Buddy and his staff.
That is my top 10 shows, what are yours, there are many more shows I want to start watching like gossip girl so if you have any other suggestions leave them in the comments below.